Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 21 June 2011

First Steps

So, after I made the decision to donate my eggs I first had long conversation with the lovely lady from Altrui.
This is so that I she can find out more about me to match me with the right couple and to talk me through the process.
She let me ask silly and random questions and allayed any fears I might have.  Things like:-
Is there any chance someone will come knocking on my door in 20 years time demanding time/information/money? (well of course not -  the child will not be mine in any way either legally or morally). 
What happens if I have enabled a child to be born and that child is not treated well (even as I asked this I knew how unlikely it is - anyone who is willing to put themselves through such a stressful process in order to have a child desperately wants one and will treasure that child!).
Will the procedure hurt? (Apparently not very much - in and out in less than a day).
Will I be taught how to give myself the injections needed? (Of course - no doctor in their right mind would let a numpty like me loose with a needle without some kind of tutorial).
I was also concerned about the amount of time it will take up as I will probably have the procedure done at Guys in London and I am loath to spend too much time travelling there and back, especially as I'm working full time and have two little fairies I want to spend time with.  So, the lovely Altrui lady is trying to arrange for me to have most of my consultations at my local fertility clinic to reduce this time. 
And obviously I'm worried about the injections!  As someone who couldn't have an injection or any blood taken on my own until I was in my mid 20's this is the bit that scares me.  However it is a bit like an epi pen and apparently very easy to do on your own. (And won't I be proud of myself for doing it!)

So the next steps are to send off two photos of myself - 1 toddler photo of me for the couple I am paired with and one grown up photo so that Altrui can match me physically to a suitable couple.
Also I need to lose at least half a stone as my BMI needs to be under 30 to go ahead!! - Yet another good reason to get down the gym!  So this blog will also be about my weight loss efforts.

Fairy Princess Mummy
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment