Powered By Blogger

Saturday 20 August 2011

Princess Party

My eldest baby turned 4!  I don’t know where the time has gone.  One minute she was a super-cute dark haired squishy baby and now she is a beautiful, very blond, intelligent, funny, cuddly, cheeky princess.

 

Last year we had a Toy Story Party but this year she is far more grown up, girly and all about fairies and princesses.  I thought I would blog about the food, entertainment, party bags, etc. because when I was looking for ideas I really appreciated other peoples party idea blogs.
Luckily for us Fairy Princess Daddy is a bit of a computer wiz and whipped up this invitation.
The party bags included:
-          A pen/pencil/rubber/or similar
-          Packet of sweeties
-          Star or heart shaped crayons (we made these with old crayons – lots of great recipes on the website but I can't find the ones I used - will post when I find them.  Beware though – I still haven’t worked out how to get the ice cube moulds clean yet!)
-          The girls got tutus and the boys got superhero capes (the tutus I found in Poundland -guess how much?  And Ellie loved the one I bought her so much that I thought they were a good idea for party bags.  The boys got a bit of a raw deal as I couldn’t find what I wanted for them so ended up making them.)
As the tutus and capes wouldn’t fit in to ordinary party bags I knew I wanted brown paper bags similar to Primark’s little bags.  It was difficult to find these but eventually we found them in Wing Yip (Croydon) for £3 or 4 For about 300 (at least we will never be short of paper bags).  Then I got the Birthday Princess to decorate them.  We decided on Butterflies and Crowns so I drew a faint outline in pencil and she painted them.

Entertainment:
We had a bouncy castle (ABC Castle Hire) – A princess castle of course.
I put my sister in charge of glitter tattoos (surprisingly popular among the adults too!).
And I also bought some elastic which I cut in to shorter lengths and some cheap beads and my lovely friend S helped the kids make beaded bracelets.

Food - We went a bit healthy this year and had
-          Salmon
-          Rice and peas
-          Couscous with roasted vegetables
-          Sticks of vegetables with dips
-          Bowls of cherry tomatoes
-          The fruit bowl was out filled with tangerines, bananas and packets of raisins
-          I got the mini Muller corners for pudding
-          And of course a big bowl of sweets
-          To drink we asked parents to help themselves to tea, coffee, etc and made up jugs of apple juice or blueberry juice mixed with fizzy water
Surprisingly the food went down really well and most parents seemed to appreciate the lack of junk food (I hope – maybe they were just being nice).
My sister made a beautiful fairy garden cake and flower cupcakes but we only have one photo of that which is still on my sisters phone!

Even the baby FP joined in the dressing up!







So anyway this is far too long a post so I think I will do presents and decorations another day!

Have a fairy happy day

Fairy Princess Mummy
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment