Powered By Blogger

Thursday 25 August 2011

Playzones

So I've finally got round to starting to completely sort through all the stuff I hoard (I have pens and pencils I'm sure I used when I was at school about 15 years ago!).

Since we moved to this house two years ago we have had another princess and the oldest princess has had two birthdays and Christmas's.  This all means that the storage we have and the way some rooms are laid it isn't working as well as I would like it to.  And we have a toy stores worth of toys ... which neatly brings me to my first 'playzone'

As Baby Princess has finally moved in with her big sister we needed to get rd of some furniture from their room.  So I took their storage unit down to the bay window next to the Eldest Princesses kitchen.

So now she can play shop or cooking whichever she feels like.  I also put the chair behind the table so when she is drawing she can face the room and Baby Princess has the rest of the floor space and can't bug her big sister as much as she would like.

The Eldest also likes to hide and so I created a little space for her beside the sofa with her little ELC Happy Land sets and games/puzzles on a set of shelves.  (She was so obsessed with the Royal Wedding earlier this year that we bought her the royal wedding set that the ELC produced and saved it for her birthday.  When she opened it she was so excited to get her own 'Prince William and Kate' so they obviously have a good space).  I put a couple of cushions on the floor and her blanket so she can get all cosy.

Upstairs we have a large space on the landing which I was using as a bit of a dumping ground so I have turned it in to a reading / dressing up space - It's not finished yet but this is it so far.  Very excited as I have just done it and the girls haven't seen it yet! I'm hoping to put up some hooks and bunting and more girly, pink, fluffy things that I haven't thought about yet.  (I so love having girls - I think I probably enjoyed creating these spaces more than they will enjoying playing in them! Hehe!)


Can't wait to see their faces in the morning!!

Have a fairy happy day
Fairy Princess Mummy
xx
Update: - Ellie woke up and when she saw her dressing up stuff out she said 'I love it!' - Success

No comments:

Post a Comment