Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 30 August 2011

A Family of Bunnies

This weekend I finally finished the little bunny family I had been making for FP's birthday (only a couple of weeks late!!


quickbunnyI found this beautiful little bunny pattern on Elsie Marley's great blog
and tried to make them (I thought it might be a good thing for FP to keep in her pocket for comfort when she starts school). 





But .... this is how mine turned out:-
Definitely not as cute.  BUt the Eldest FP loves hers (the bigger one) and spent quite a lot of time sucking or chewing the ears!?
Baby FP has ignored hers from the begining and shows no interest at all!!



So, I looked for other patterns that I could be more succesful at and found one at Cut Out + Keep.
I adapted it a little (e.g. I didn't tack the ears or sew a tummy on).  When I showed it to Eldest FP she decided she wanted a family of bunnies, so that is what happened!  On these ones I made pom poms for their tails.


I also made a strawberry and carrot for each bunny.  There are lots of tutorials out there but these are the ones I used: Carrots and Strawberries.  I just enlarged or shrunk the images depending on what size I wanted. 


Now we have a family of bunnies living with us. 
This is such an easy project and the eldest FP loves them (mostly she loves pretending to eat the carrots and strawberries - at least she's not ried making rabbit pie yet!)




Happy days

Fairy Princess Mummy
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment