Powered By Blogger

Saturday 4 February 2012

Running out of steam

I have decided to start running!!
I love the idea and I have never managed to keep it up succesfully on my own so after a glass of wine I rashly signed up to a local running group ... and have been hugely unsuccesful at joining them ever since!!
Session 1 - got held up at work and missed them so they asked me to a session on a different night - Which I made - yippeee! and really enjoyed. 
Session 2 - I got myself really organised and had a map but didn't check the postcode I'd been given andended up at the Pet Cemetary!  It was dark and scary and like the begining of a cliched horror film so I decided it was safer to go home. (Moral of the story - always check the postcode someone gives you)
Session 3 - Again had my map ready but got lost.  Had had a really pants week so probably wasn't concentrating properly.
So as you can see I am being very succesful at not running.  So I thought I would re-remember the reasons I wanted to run to keep me motivated in trying to find this elusive and mysterious group!

Running will
- help me lose weight.
- help me sleep better.
- improve my overall health.
- aid my concentration meaning I will be able to study more effectively.
- help keep my moods stable and decrease my stress levels.

Al pretty good reasons to get my trainers on - in fact I might go now... or maybe I'll have a cup of tea and a nap first. 

But if you are less lazy than me you could check some of these sites that have really good training plans:
Womens Running UK
Zest
NHS Live well - this one even has a great podcast


Healthy, happy days

Fairy Princess Mummy
xx




No comments:

Post a Comment