Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 22 February 2012

Lent

Although I have never really fasted at Lent, I am a fan of it.  I think it is a great opportunity to take stock and think about the world.  Although I have converted to Buddhism I still have a great respect for Christianity (especially as it is the religion I was brought up in). 

So often Lent is thought of in a negative way, of giving up something or fasting.  In more recent years I have much preferred the idea of doing something more positive to help others or the world around us.  So here are some ideas of things to do this Lent:-
- Giving up chocolate/wine/chips
- Look at where you spend your money - clothes you don't need/ computer games/ magazines - could you resist this for Lent?
- Could you give this money to charity?
- Take up volunteering or charity work (www.do-it.org.uk)
- Be nice to EVERYONE (especially if they are rude!)
- Try to do a good turn for someone everyday - it doesn't have to be big - it could just be taking some time to listen or giving your colleague who is having a rough time a bunch of wild flowers.
- Reduce, reuse, recycle - how low can you get your household waste?
- Aim not to waste any food in your house (www.lovefoodhatewaste.com)

I am going to do three things this Lent:
1. Reduce the amount of rubbish I eat.
2. Increase my activity levels during the day (e.g. taking a walk at lunch time).
3. Try really hard to be nice to everyone and about everyone.

Happy Lent

Fairy Princess Mummy
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment