Powered By Blogger

Thursday 2 May 2013

Week 1 of my fit, healthy new life - Take 987

I have completely lost count of the number of times I've decided to lose weight and give up again within the week (or day, or hour).  It's amazing what you can convince yourself of when you are tired or hungry or celebrating or faced with cake.  Here are a few of my favourite arguments for eating:
- Anything with fruit in it (or fruit flavoured) counts towards your 5 a day.
- Latte is healthy as the calcium it provides helps your bones and cancels out the 3 sugars.
- Almond croissants are healthy as they contain healthy nuts.
- Broken biscuits are fine as all the calories have fallen out.
- Anything eaten between 10pm and 5am doesn't count. (No reason - it just doesn't!)
- Chocolate and champagne (or any fizzy wine really) are good for the soul and therefore healthy.

So you can see my problem (and the reason I feel like a giant sloth most of the time).
However I am determined to make a change and start to be a better role model for the girls.  The eldest (tiger cub) is growing fast and learning a lot about healthy food and exercise from us and at school and the baby monkey never seems to stop moving but can consume chocolate faster than anyone I have ever met (including me!).  It is so important that they have good role models who are not just teaching them the healthy way but also role model healthy behaviours - both emotionally and physically.

So right now I'm in the planning stage of my new adventure and gathering the tools which will make this a sustainable and slightly easier journey.  Any one got a  magic wand out there?  Mines broken!

Sweet dreams
Fairy Princess Mummy
xx

2 comments:

  1. So nice to have a new post from you! I love it! Especially the latte one - I use that all the time, ha ha, and I still think that cake is good for you! Seriously though, I think that cutting down on stuff is the way to go, whenever I decide I'm not eating cake again I end up eating a whole one! And getting smaller portions of things, then I've eaten a whole packet so I don't feel deprived but the packet is smaller. It's all about 'headology' :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Wise words. I think 'headology' is sucha good way to describe it but that's definitely the bit I need to work on most!
      xx

      Delete